CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 8, 2010

UNIMAS CNY Celebration


Last night (06/02/10, 1900), a couple of friends and I were attending the annual Chinese New Year Celebration in UNIMAS. It was held in Dewan Unimas. So, Patsy and I were taking bus to get there. Rush3..Plus before then, I've to be a make up artist for the CNY AJKs...And there were three of them...hee~ (I'm really sorry if I didn't do the makeover well..It's been a while since I did makeover for others). 


Upon arrival..


It was a crazy day. Hundreds of students were filling all the spaces in Dewan Unimas and most of them were Chinese (Lorr~ Of course maa...It's CNY celebration..hee~). So, as we went into the hall, we took the very front row. Haha~ Berebut ni...childish ohw.. Well, who doesn't want a nicer view?

I'm gonna talk a bit about CNY and this year, it's a tiger year! Grrr~

Characteristics of The Tiger based on the Chinese Zodiac
(took it from somewhere...hee~)

The Tiger, the living symbol of strength and power, generally inspires fear and respect. Tigers' compelling dynamism, intense activity, independence and curiosity about others make them irresistible, persons of multiple charms; Tigers attract followers and admirers. The Tiger is courageous, active and self-assured, and makes an excellent leader and protector. However liberal-minded Tigers may be, they are passionate, rash, and resist the authority of others. Although they are selfish in the little things, they are capable of great generosity, even of altruism, in the larger. Tigers are men and women of action, thrust by destiny into the spotlight.


CNY is a great symbol of happiness and prosperity among the Chinese as it is a brand new year for them. So, I guess their culture is just so unique from my own view. Plus, here in UNIMAS, I got lots and lots of Chinese friends. (Even, my ex-roomy and my current roomy are Chinese! Coincidence huh?! Hee~)


Back to the CNY celebration in UNIMAS, I can say that I had a great time. There's many entertaining performances during the function. Ohw ya, I also like the emcee. I think his name is Sam. I really enjoyed the jokes and the "talks". Great job ohw! Two thumbs up!


There he is..The "Nescafe" guy..hee~

The performers mostly were outsiders and half of them were kids. So damn talented! But what I like the most was the musical performance. Gosh! It was really synchronized.


One of my favorite. I don't know the instrument. All I know is it is a string instrument and played with a tiny stick (hoho~ don't laugh..I only able to describe it). They played it in a fast motion but I can't find any mistakes in the sound. Quite impressive!

There's a lot more performances that we saw on that night. But, I think I will just show the pictures. Hee~ It's quite a long story for one night. So, just let the pictures do the talking!

Let's enjoy the moments... 


The very first performance by a young lil' girl. Singing and dancing. She's a pop princess!


 
Some of the Chinese Dances. There's a lot of them but I just took my favorites.










Above: Dragon Dance
Below: Lion Dance
People, it's a must during CNY celebration! Hee~  But I like the Lion Dance better.



Singing performances. Above is our Biotech Senior, Kathleen, was performing her Chinese song. (Sabahan Dusun girl with no Chinese background, but still, she managed to do it) 


Pop + Hip Hop Performances. 


Chinese YoYo performance by the UNIMAS Medic Students.


Chinese 24 Solstices Drum Performance. Also one of my favorite. Hee~ Really enjoyed it.

That's all for the great moments last night. There's so much more but they are too much to include (plus, I'm out of words...Hee~). I'm really looking forward for the next celebration. Hope that next year will be better or the best (Hey, it's my last year in UNIMAS already! How I wish time would tick slower. Gaaaaa~ I already can feel the of heat of FYP).

~Till then, Daaaa.....~
mini animal emoticon
Grrrrrr!

xoxo well, I'm just sayin'...


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails